Thursday, April 12, 2012

I'm Back

Ok. So I’ve been sidetracked for the last 2 years 8 months and 3 days, but I’ll say this. I really was busy! In my first post on this blog I stated that I was starting a new job. During that two weeks of training I had plenty of time to do some writing and get some, be it very little, information out. Well once I started that job I found that continuing my second job was still necessary. Needless to say working 90 hours a week to take care of your family doesn’t leave a lot of room for writing blog entries.

I’ve kept the dream alive though. I know there is still a huge amount of information missing in the public eye about testicular cancer. I’m still working on figuring out on how to get all the pieces moving in the right direction but at least they’re moving now and not stalled out.

I’m no longer in the job that I started in June of 2009, thank goodness. Nor am I still working a second job to cover everything, WOO HOO! In February of 2010 I started with a company I had been laid off from 15 months prior but I decided to take the risk and I’ve been there continuously for 2 year 2 months and things look great for the future. I just got back from a 6 month stint in Afghanistan and which has made a huge difference in taking care of a lot of the financial issues that came from going through cancer and the treatments to cure it.

Now granted I was working 12 hour days 7 days a week, there wasn’t much to do after that time frame was up so I started focusing on this again. Biggest problem was that I on the company network in Afghanistan there were very few sites other than work related things we had access to including blogs and any other social networking sites. Now there was an internet provider out there that I could have used, but I’m cheap so I didn’t get it.

Stay tuned I’ll tell you what we’re looking at moving too, if you haven’t already heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment