Tuesday, April 17, 2012

New Project

So if you don’t already know I’ve been working on a project that is helping us raise some money. At the moment I still need lots of helping promoting it but I’m sure it will get there. At the same time I’m developing a business plan so that we have a clear cut goal for the immediate future and for the long term.

The Project I’ve been working on is www.zazzle.com/chemoninjastore which is something that was a little broader based than strictly making the group visible to testicular cancer survivors, which is and will be our primary focus. However not everyone is interested in supporting testicular cancer with ribbon testicles on their chest, yet. And yes I could have gone a little safer and just done a normal ribbon thing and said it was for testicular cancer but that’s boring and already done anyways.

Chemo Ninja Cancer Assassin is something I created that I think spans the entire spectrum of cancer patients. You can’t tie him to just one thing but it gets you to look at the site that has a decent number of Save the Twins logoed shirts and other testicular cancer related themed shirts. The array of shirts allows us to ease into view instead of just testicle ribbons up in your face. At the same time being the age group that falls victim to testicular cancer is younger I thought the Ninja would be more appropriate.

Chemo Ninja represents the battle that each of us must fight to survive. Ninja’s fought by all means available to them, as all cancer patients do. On that same token, if a ninja was unsuccessful he gave his life in the battle. Ninja’s are all about honor and completing the goal. The goal of every cancer patient is to win the battle and be cancer free, so I can’t really think of a better representative for the fight against cancer. Samurai was close but doesn’t have the same ring to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment