Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Finally!!!

Well after 8 years 3 months and one day from my original diagnosis of Testicular Cancer I am officially CANCER FREE!  This is the first time I'm announcing this to more than just a few close friends.  To be honest it feels really good, surprising though it doesn't feel as good as I thought it would.  I don't know if it just hasn't hit me yet or what.  I had a hard time talking to my wife yesterday without crying.  I've been a huge ball of emotion for the past week or so.  I'd watch something on TV that should have had a tag line to it like, "Cheesy proposal", "sweet soldier welcome", or a Folgers commercial and I'd tear up.  I've been waiting for this day for so long and now that it's here I guess I wish I felt more happy excited than I do.  Right now I'm dealing with a more understated relief.  I know much of what I just wrote seems to contradict itself but it really is how I feel; one huge contradiction. 

I wil be purchasing one of my own shirts from my Chemo Ninja Store, Smile I'm Cancer Free is the shirt I'll be picking up.  I'll post a picture of myself in it when it comes in. 

I'm excited to see where life will go from here, it seems like a little bit of a new beginning being that I no longer have cancer hanging over my head.  I've already started eating better, and I'm trying to get back into the gym.  I was going to try and do a weight loss a thon but I didn't want to call out people to do that.  But I'll keep you posted on my progress. 

Other news is that I spoke with my oncologist yesterday and we're working on finding a family to sponsor for this Christmas.  Once I have the information on who we'll be helping I'll release more details.  Ideally they won't know that we're helping until I can present them with a gift card to cover Christmas for them. So please stay tuned, as a minimum I'd like to see us raise $1000 for the family.  Please contact me if you're interested in helping.

Thanks so much for your support and horray for me for being Cancer Free!

No comments:

Post a Comment